SMS003 Photo Etch Bending Tool 4 inch Hold and Fold®
- 100% Made in the USA by The Small Shop®
- 4" Folding blade in safety case $3.49 value included!
- Especially effective in 1:35 and 1:48 scales armor scales
- 1:24 and 1:43 scale autos
- 1:32 and 1:48 scale aircraft
- Three levels (1/16, 1/8, 1/4) to allow channel folding.
- Two sides are beveled for sharp folds to 135°
- Cut-Outs reach into Photo Etch parts for complex folds.
- Very effective on large box/pan shapes
- Excellent for any type or scale of Photo Etch less than 4"long
- Spring-loaded Rotating Tool Head (RTH). Easily repositioned to use either edge.
- Head & Base are machined from aircraft grade aluminum.
- Head hard anodized clear.
- Base hard anodized black for excellent contrast.
- Never need to Remove the KNOB!!!!!
- Instructions, small folding blade and SMS017 4" blade included
- NOT INTENDED FOR USE BY CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 14 YEARS - USE ONLY WITH ADULT SUPERVISION
December 12, 2017 - Mike aka Dragon uses our SMS003 4" Hold and Fold for working with PE on his build of Academy's F/A-18C dressed up as a VFC-12 Ambush adversary bird. Mike says - "This tool is pretty slick! Definitely makes PE easier to work with."
July 25, 2017 - Julian Conde uses his " beloved Small Shop Hold & Fold" to fold PE boxes during a review of VMS 5K Flexy CA.
February 27, 2017 - Nelson Moyer gives assembly tips for Yarmouth Model Works etched metal ladders for freight car detailing.
April 4, 2014 - A wealth of information on building in 1:48 scale aka quarter inch scale. Gene is now using our 4" Hold & Fold for his photo etch needs. Thank you for purchasing our 4" Hold & Fold and for the wonderful blog."
March 21, 2014 - Pierre Oliver uses our 4" Hold & Fold to build custom HO model train cars. Glad he ditched the crappy etchmate (which was copied from the Hold & Fold."
February 11, 2013 - Brian from Omaha, Nebraska aka Out2gtcha is using our 4" Hold & Fold to fold the PE for his Foiled HKM B-25J Strafer - 345th BG Air Apaches - Lady LiL. "This thing works AWESOME! For bending larger (and even smaller too) PE parts, its been invaluable. (photos showing Hold & Fold in use start on page 2 of the build"
July 20, 2011 - Excellent review of 4" Hold & Fold on Britmodeller.com by Mike.
June 13, 2010 - Amazing In Progress Build of a 1/48 Tamiya Lancaster. RAF Squadron 101 by Aircraft Resource Center member Chuck540z3. Chuck is using the 4" Hold & Fold for folding perfectly formed long brackets & hinges. Excellent photos!
Gary Wickham of Australia is using one of the very first models of the 4" Hold and Fold to fold Eduard flaps on his Hasegawa 1:48 scale USAAF P-400 Airacobra. According to Gary, "when working with PE, it is invaluable."
Small Shop® and Hold and Fold® are Registered Trademarks and may not be used without our permission.